101 Durand Road
LaGrange, GA 30241
April 13, 2016
Industrial Mechanical Electrical Tech.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI Reports to: Electrical Dept.
Department: Electrical Engineering Status: Hourly
Seeking an experienced Industrial Electrician with knowledge of 3 phase low voltage AC motor controls and AC/DC controls systems. Industrial troubleshooting experience, able to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, switches, sensors, motors, etc. using hand, power and precision measuring tools. The Tech will be responsible for providing onsite troubleshooting support for breakdowns that may require travel as well as manage and preforming the electrical installation of large controls systems including installing conduit, wire and making wiring connections based electrical drawings provided by engineering.
- Ability to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, switches, sensors, motors, etc.
- Maintain electrical equipment to meet NEC and local codes.
- Demonstrate safe use of shop tools, hand and power.
- Demonstrate mechanical knowledge.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of PLC’s, VFD’s, analog and digital industrial sensors.
- Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders.
- Proficient in testing electrical systems using testing tools such as ohmmeters and voltmeters.
- Perform duties in a work environment that may be hot, cold, dirty or fast paced.
- Self-starter able to work alone managing and recording his or her time and expenses yet able to work as a team with other trades.
- Must be able to travel.
- All other assigned duties.
- Four years of journey level electrical experience: or, completion of an approved technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance and two years electrical experience: or, any equivalent combination of experience and or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background, drug and work screen.
- Must be available to work 8 hour days, weekends, call-outs and overtime.
- Must be able to travel domestically and possibly international.